- discussions with relevant people about, signs/promo, food/drinks space, workshop’s and sourcing equipment/food/drinks.
- start cleaning process of studios and corridors
- hanging signs/posters
- final clean up
- donation box
- setting up music (if needed)
- source relevant items
- ensure equipment and materials are accessible the next morning
- Set up stall for food/drinks
- Put any more signs/promo
Idea of making little empty presents to be placed around the university and possibly elsewhere, with a label attached describing the time, date of the show.
Due to short time period and time of year, we have decided against visiting (doing workshops) outside of the campus and stick to organising workshops and events in the studios and selling food and drinks.
Food and Drinks
Selling hot chocolates and variety of foods - foods to be provided by Makers group
- Outside tech building
- In corridor
- In studio
- To be organised either Monday or Tuesday, also could be depending on location
- Kettles - discuss using ones existing in studios
- Power - extension
- Table and chairs (table cloth) - from studios
- Water - fountain in the tech building
- Hot chocolate - source Tesco
- Cream - source Tesco
- Cups - ask catering/source from town
- Regular hot chocolate - £1
- Fancy hot chocolate - £1.50 (to be discussed)
- Music - mild festive playlist to draw people in from outside the studios
- Discuss possible workshops for visitors to participate in
- Accessibility - ensure the corridors are clear and CLEAN, possible relocated lockers - Discuss with Curating group
- Clear identification of the studios and a connection between studios - some kind of link or connection that draws the two studios together - markers/tape/line - Discuss with Promotion group
Some ideas of what events we could do for/during the show or event
- Workshops - in schools/uni/studios
- Talks - about our work/experiences
- Stalls - selling drinks and food towards grad show
- Music or other entertainment
Emily Hardman, Sarah Styles, Jess Beebee, Fiona Wharmby, Becky Butterworth, Flo Mitchell, Jason Robinette.
Bethany Middleton, Laura Craig, Charlotte Walsh, Ella Dooley
Steve Sumner, Flo Mitchell, Nick White, Jess Beebee.
Amy wood, Hope Mcpherson, Josh Williams, Byron Jones, Emer Mc Auley,
Emma Hyles, Rose Jollands, Bridie Littleford.
So after a few discussion, we have decide for our interim show to have as an open studio event, where the public, students and staff can come and have a look around at our ’work in progress’ with workshops and refreshment to sell and raise some pennies towards the grad show.
With the sounds you can hear them but you are unable to see where and how they are formed. It relates to what is happening during the world, theses precarious cycles, water and air, being effected indirectly from human activity.
We see our actions of how developed and developing counties live, we may see some signs from these actions, for instance waste products and materials, but we don’t see the consequences of these after-products, how they effect the environment, until it is too late.
I interested in this unobservable part, between human action and environmental impact (release of Carbon Dioxide or deforestation), we cant see gases or water vapor, but only its sources and after affects.
I wonder if its worth recording a variety of different sound, rather than of objects falling? But it would have to have the same collapse/falling element and include them with other animations.
- Falling tree
- Demolition of building
- Snap (branch or wood)
Build up of strain or decrease of support